Why we like it
Kids will love learning about colors and shapes with Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Catepillar. Created by award-winning StoryToy, this beautiful app has delightful activities and fun suprises, making it the perfect app for the littlest ones (with assistance) through preschool preschool (~ages 1 to 5 years).
About Very Hungry Caterpillar Shapes
The first in a series of innovative educational apps featuring Eric Carle’s much-loved character, The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, this magical learning adventure introduces preschoolers to shapes and colors.
You’ll love seeing your kids develop their reasoning skills – they’ll love solving puzzles, exploring a beautiful 3D playground and having fun with The Very Hungry Caterpillar™.
When puzzles are completed, there are delightful and surprising interactions: watch as The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ floats away with a balloon, flowers magically grow, mechanical toys whirr into action, and hidden doorways open up for the Very Hungry Caterpillar to crawl into!
Prepare to be amazed: your toddlers are a lot smarter than you might imagine!
Over 50 puzzles in six categories increase with difficulty to keep kids engaged and excited. They’ll learn how to:
• Recognize basic and advanced shapes
• Sort and match shapes with similar colors
• Compare light and dark shades
• Identify patterns and sequences
• Order shapes by size
• Combine shapes to complete pictures
• Developed in line with the US Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework
• Encourages logical thinking and math skills through comparing, sorting, identifying sizes and patterns
• Tapping and dragging strengthens fine motor skills
• Kids interact with a wide range of colors and shapes