[Platform: iOS] Special Sentences helps learners of all abilities learn sentence structure. Created with an emphasis on supporting children with special educational needs, Special Sentences is accessible, simple and distraction-free.
This giveaway is finished.
About Special Sentences
Subscribe to our email list and be the first to know about exclusives, freebies, news, and more.
More about Special Sentences
Support emerging readers by encouraging sentence building and confidence in reading with Special Sentences, an educational tool adaptable to all abilities that allows you to build sentences with whole words.
Create your own sentences tailored to children’s learning needs and adapt curriculum work to suit abilities. Support children to practice their comprehension skills without becoming intimidated by a full page of text.
Areas of development
• Develop understanding of sentence structure
• Teach grammar and punctuation
• Improve sight-word recognition
• Support children to read fluently
• Help children to transition from reading words to reading sentences
• Encourage listening and spoken language
Personalize to Suit Abilities
• Use your own photographs to provide additional support and personalize learning
• Create sentences with your own text and audio to bring learning to life
• Adapt curriculum work to support all learning needs
• Adjustable settings to suit abilities and concentration levels
• Use at home, school and in speech therapy sessions to support continued learning
• Create sentences in any language your child uses or support children with English as a Second Language
Share Your Sentences
• Copy content to and from the app on another device
• Exchange topics and sentences using AirDrop, Wi-Fi, cloud storage or email
• Transfer content to and from our Special Stories app to reinforce learning
• Import lists of words from our Special Words app to reuse existing recordings
Accessible for All
• Support for those with poor fine motor skills as the app works even if a child accidentally taps more than once or can’t precisely position objects
• Choice of fonts and the use of capital letters to support those with visual impairments and dyslexia
• Perfect to use at home, school, in speech or occupational therapy sessions, and for home schooling to follow the curriculum and enhance learning
Why Our Apps Are Different
• Visually clear and simple, with no distracting backgrounds or noises
• Tested and recommended by Down syndrome and ASD experts and organizations around the world
• No in-app purchases, pop-up ads or user tracking
• Developed in collaboration with parents, speech and language therapist, and teachers of children with special educational needs as well as typically developing children
Part of the Special iApps Family
Special iApps is a multi-award-winning non-profit social enterprise with a worldwide reputation for creating educational apps for those with learning disabilities and additional needs, as well as in preschool education. They initially created apps to teach their youngest son William, who has Down syndrome and autism, now they support children internationally.